Author Prakash Arya Talks About His Debut Book “Invest in Digital”, The Literature TodayJune 29, 2021
1. TLT: I would like to begin by congratulating you on the publication of “Invest in Digital.” How has the response to the book been so far?
Prakash Arya: Thanks for your wishes! So far the response to this book is tremendous and beyond expectation. Since this is my first commercial release and I am not a professional author, hence I had many apprehensions. But love and admiration from people made me more confident now as an author!
2. TLT: What led to the idea of writing “Invest in Digital”? Were there any events that inspired the work?
Prakash Arya: You will be surprised to know that I kept talking about this topic much earlier than covid 19. When economic stagnation started world over during 2018-2019 and in India after the currency ban and introduction of GST and other stringent compliances during the same period, I have discussed enough in newspapers, blogs, articles, white papers. The idea was to discuss how crises can be turned into opportunities and we can sustain, scale, and superseded. Even I have published a video with the same title in early 2020 when covid broke out and massive lockdown imposed. The video was popular and trending among all social media channels. This gave me an idea to compile my wisdom and experience into the shape of the book.
3. TLT: Since stress has overtaken people’s lives in the present day, “Invest in Digital” comes as a ray of positivity. How easy or difficult was it for you to write the book despite such odds and make sure your message is conveyed clearly?
Prakash Arya: This is really a good question and very relevant too. Do you know most of us are living in the present only with less focus for tomorrow? We could not able to train ourselves to prepare for the future! This resulted in a serious problem and people failed always when any adverse situation occurs. Nobody was prepared for COVID 19 including me, but I am always focusing on the future without compromising with the present and keep preparing for the worst. Nobody can see the future or answer what will tomorrow bring to us, because that is not in our control. But preparing ourselves is in our own hands and we must ready for the same. I always feel that COVID 19 brought new opportunities to everyone to think about transformation. I grab it and taken full advantage and written many books. Invest in Digital is just the first glimpse.
4. TLT: Do you think the idea of investing in digital technology would have come into the limelight if the coronavirus had not hit the world in the first place?
Prakash Arya: Yes! To a large extent, the coronavirus was responsible for pushing the technology to great extent. It pushed digital innovation before time and the good part is that we all adopted it with wide open hands. No matter where you live, what you do for a living, what is your socio-economic condition, but you need to travel with digital everywhere. Even small schools kids continued their school education on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktops. This was happening for the first time. Even for searching for a hospital bed, you started using technology. Hence I say that COVID19 is the true stimulator for Digital Transformation all across the globe.
5. TLT: “Invest in Digital” is a work that belongs to a stream beyond fiction or non-fiction. Do you read any authors who may have influenced your writing, or is the book a product of your raw experience?
Prakash Arya: In 2021, the art of reading and writing a book has been completed changed. There is a thin line between fiction and non-fiction. Now people want more experiments in approaches in both writing and storytelling. So apart from just an author, you need to be a good story teller. My book is on Digital but it has been designed in a way of better story telling. I am personally influenced by Robert Kiyosaki, Rashmi Bansal, Subroto Bagchi, Limesh Parekh, and many well-known authors. In Fiction, I like Chetan Bhagat most. All of them are great storytellers.
6. TLT: Do you think the readership of “Invest in Digital” can be restricted? How would you categorize “Invest in Digital” as its appeal seems to be to a broad audience?
Prakash Arya: I don’t agree with you on this. Based on my reader’s profile, I can say that they are non-technical people and many of them are not familiar with the technology. But they read my book and shared honest reviews. I don’t think that the audience of this book is restricted. But yes language was a concern because 50% of readers requested it Hindi version. I was not prepared for this but I will sure that my coming books to be in both Hindi and English languages. An interesting fact is that 40% of my book sold on the ebook version, this is quite imperative and eye-opening for me.
7. TLT: “Invest in Digital” has given a powerful introduction to your potential as a writer. Can the readers expect more from you in the future? Please share about your future projects.
Prakash Arya: Yes! Why not? Even I am thankful to my readers for their love, support, and appreciation. My other books are already in pipelines and release soon. I am expecting at least 3 books will be published within this year-end.
I am not a professional writer or author and I am mostly occupied with my other entrepreneurial day-to-day activities. However, I promised myself that every year I will write a minimum of 4 – 5 books and get them published. I will talk more about it.
8. TLT: Did “Invest in Digital” have an alternate title when it was being written? What is the story behind the title of your book?
Prakash Arya: The title adoption for my book was a bit organic and a part of my creative wisdom. Most of them have very lessor understanding about ‘Investment’. We always think that investment is always about money or monetary gains. Where is Investment is a serious term and has a deeper meaning within it. Hence I chose carefully this title and joined it with opportunity. Hence my book title is ‘Invest in Digital – Turning Crisis into Opportunity
9. TLT: “Invest in Digital” has an abundant number of examples to explain your ideas. Which other platform, according to you, could be the next technological giant?
Prakash Arya: I always believe in the power of video communication! Because it is more engaging, responsive, and rich in story telling. I am planning to produce multimedia episodes of my all chapters.
10. TLT: “Invest in Digital” is about how one can rise like a phoenix through the ashes. What, according to you, could be the option for the remote villages of India where technology hasn’t reached the doorsteps, but the coronavirus has?
Prakash Arya: I need to make a little alternation to your statement. Now technology reaches everywhere, even where sunlight could not reach. Talk about any place on this earth, Technology reached deeper into the roots. Indian villages are smarter and approach and more efficient in using digital transformation. COVID 19 became a strict teacher and pushed it everywhere.
11. TLT: If you were to describe your book “Invest in Digital” in a few words without giving any spoilers, what would those words be?
Prakash Arya: I describe it as a featured story! No Gayaan, No Philosophy, No Tech Jargons. This book can be taken as a more storytelling tool rather than just talking about digital. One should open his mind before reading this book. This book is not about selling or advertising through digital, but to lead a life using digital transformation. Rest the book will narrate it in a more organic manner.
12. TLT: “Invest in Digital” would educate the readers in using digital technology in their favor. Other countries may be using technology that hasn’t come to India yet. Which, in your knowledge is one such technology or platform?
Prakash Arya: This book is not about India or Indian people but to all! Everybody who is surviving and looking for an option to sustain, survive and superseded, are the target audience of this book ! I am getting equal appreciation from all across the globe and people are asking me multiple questions. This book has already in-depth wisdom in form of leading examples, case studies, and real-life situations. This book will not only give insights about past or present but for future too. I wish everyone happy reading.